The Kangaroo hops around. It looks marvelous as it hops around. Remarkable. Always with a trick hidden in its pouch, you never know what its going to surprise you with next.
The Kangaroo is good at networking because it does not stay hidden in its closet, you see. Well hopping around has its benefits and controlled well, it can take you places.
The Kangaroo is mostly a generalist, lacks expertise. Not that it stops the Kangaroo from sharing its expertise through expert comments. This is not the only way through which the Kangaroo may irritate you or impede you from working productively. The worst part is its lack of focus.
It would keep on shifting goals for you, hopping around. It can be a pain to work under the Kangaroo. That said, like every other boss, it can be managed too. Yaay!
Now that is a big question. How! By staying calm. By being organized. By focusing and cutting all the noise. And considering that it might just be an opportunity to learn all the work because you would have to do all the work. Do not take it negatively.
If you have managed the Kangaroo even once in your life, you can manage any client, any number of clients. No problem.
Amartya Dey, India
Other Articles by the Author:
- The First Rule of Negotiation
- Human Aspect: Beware of the Exceptional Employee
- Human Aspect: Importance of Precedent
- Two Levers: Potential & Tacit Knowledge (Part I)
- Breaking Organizational Silos (Part I)
- Breaking Organizational Silos (Part II)
- Working More than 12 Hours?
- The Abuse of the 360º Feedback System
- Human Aspect: The Context of Power
Categories: Random Learnings