Sentence with Context:
(1) A large part of the problem is that, apart from the sterling work done by a few dedicated individuals and organisations, anti-racist politics has become a facile “representation” game that involves appeasing the fragile sensitivities of a vocal few claiming to represent the whole community. It is about harassing artists and writers, demanding that they conform to “right” ways of representing the community.
(2) Tyson—who had barely broken a sweat—was embraced by members of his corner, yet never altered his facial expression. It was another facile win to add to his collection.
(1) Superficial; Treating something complex as something very simple by ignoring its complexity
(2) Easily achieved; Not needing effort (especially in sports)
Mnemonic (Memory Aid): How To Remember?
A facile problem is so superficial, simple and docile like a puppy that you are not afraid to face it!
(1) Simplistic, Superficial, Oversimplified
(2) Effortless, Elementary, Easy, Undemanding, Uncomplicated
(1) Thorough, Profound
(2) Hard-won, Tough, Challenging
For more words, click here!
Subscribe to the blog for whetting your vocabulary and communication skills!
Comment | Like | Share
Categories: Learning English